WEEK 12 : Description writing for a collection

15:29





Descriptive writing is essential for a fashion collection because it lures potential customers, making them curious. It is important because it gives the reader an insight of your collection, hence knowing what to expect of the designs. The writing needs to be descriptive, using flowery words and phrases as well as fashion terms that reflects the designer's collection. 

This week, we were allowed to visit the library to find magazines as references to write our own description for our collections. I took pictures of the magazine for reference.




[Fig. 1] Taken from a magazine, Page -.

[Fig. 2] Taken from a magazine, Page -.


[Fig. 3] Taken from a magazine, Page -.


I picked these three descriptions as I found the vocabulary used in them were excellent. Other than the vocabulary, I also found that the structure of the descriptions were engaging and I was absorbed in it. I, as a reader, felt that the writer was reaching out to me. I have used these pictures as reference for my own descriptive writing for my collection.

Description for Red Carpet Shenanigans:  "Stir up a commotion by having a little bit of fun while still looking elegant! Red Carpet Shenanigans allows yourself to be the best-looking you when strutting the red carpet with the confidence that paisley printed brocade, the shades of blue and nude silk have given you. The finishing kick of the orange organza will steal everyone's attention, making the fans gush at your beauty while landing you as the best dressed of any top fashion magazines."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram