WEEK 10 : The collection

21:03




I worked together with my group members in developing this collection and I have seen other group's presentation. I was very impressed by them as I could see how well-planned and thought out their garments were. I took notes as my own personal reflection as I was looking for my areas to improve.


Reflection

- Before I begin designing, I need to think of what season will I be designing clothes for. For instance, spring/summer or fall/winter.

- Next would be the brief introduction of the concept and theme that I have chosen. The garments that I have designed should reflect the theme and concept.

- Decide on a colour scheme. Colour scheme should also be appropriate for the season. I could visit WGSN to look through all the trending colours.






The picture above is a draft of our collection. We have decided to design a red carpet wear with a little playful twist. A paisley print which would be a printed fabric is the element of fun in our design, added to the elegance of the garment. Hence, we named our collection "Red Carpet Shenanigans".



[Left: Floor length gown] [Right: Above-knee dress]

I have designed a gown and an above knee dress. 

The gown on the left is an hourglass silhouette. It has a halter neck collar fringed with ruffles sewn to the printed fabric. There is gathers at the waist and the length of the gown falls to the ground with a train at the back. The front of the skirt opens up to reveal the model's long legs The hem is extended with a sheer accent fabric. The model is accessorized with a pair of triangular gold metal earrings, a gold metal arm cuff bracelet, a pair of gloves, a gold metal leather belt and lastly a pair of olive green heeled boots.

The detail that was used in this garment were flounces, which were inspired from Gucci's floral printed suit from Paragon.

The long sleeved dress on the right falls above the knee of the model and it originally has a tent silhouette. The dress is a combination of the plain fabric and the printed fabric sewn together. It has funnel collar and the sheer accent knife pleats at the hem. The look is completed with a pair of earrings, a belt and a pair of black glossy platform heels.

The details that were used in this garment were the belt, knife pleats and belted cuffs. They were inspired by the details from Gucci's floral printed skirt and Burberry's lace trench coat.



The pictures below are the technical drawing for my garments.

[Technical drawing of the gown.]




[Technical drawing of the above-knee dress]





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram